The rWInfo module is intended to replace the default info module provided in Gallery3. It was originally developed by the Gallery Member rWatcher.
Version 1 contains the following modifications:
- Drop Title and Description (they're displayed elsewhere in the default theme, no reason to show them twice on the same page)
- Hide the info sidebar for the root album (without title and description there really isn't anything worth displaying here)
- Display date created for albums only (and continue to display the capture date for everything else)
- Display tags in the info sidebar (if the tags module is active).
- Display tags when mousing over the thumbnails (if tags module is active).
- Display "Movie Info" on movies instead of "Photo Info" like the Gallery Info module does.
- Use long month instead of short month on the album display.
- Change Date/Time format to "F j, Y h:i:s a" for photos.
- Download the rWInfo module from github at rWInfo Module.
- Extract the module into your gallery install in $GALLERY_ROOT/modules.
- Login to your G3 install with an admin account and navigate to Admin->Modules.
- Deactivate the Info module (unselect the checkbox) and activate the rWInfo module.
The rWInfo module should now be installed and you will find the new photo/movie info in any sub-album and photo/movie thumbnails and pages.
The rwInfo module is relatively easy to modify to your individual taste. Here is a description of the files included with the rWInfo module that you may want to modify:
- Specifies the main sidebar block title.
- For example, modify Photo Info or Movie Info title to be Picture Info and Video Details
- Specifies the information found in the thumbnail of a photo or video.
- For example, you can remove things like Owner and View Count (if they are not of interest)
- For example, you can add things like the item capture date or other Exif data (if available and Exif Data module is activated)
- Specifies the information found underneath the sidebar block title
- For example, you can remove things like Owner (if they are not applicable)
- For example, you can modify things like File Name and instead display Photo Title and Description
- For example, you can add other Exif data to the sidebar (if available and Exif Data module is activated)