This is just a placeholder for now.
- For mod-rewrite to work I had to do the most stuff. But all the alterations are mod-rewrite and Apache specific. They have nothing to do with G2. However, the G2 test told me that Apache Mod-rewrite worked correctly. But when I went into my galleries all URL's were broken. So the test is for this moment not adequate enough on Win32. Things I had to alter in my setup to make url rewriting work:
- This step I had done already before the G2 test of url-rewriting. After this step the test gave me green light, however it did not work yet. enable the mod_rewrite.so module in httpd.conf by removing the # in front of
LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so
- Enable symlinks for the gallery2 dir in httpd.conf. My rather unrestrictive options for that dir are: Options IncludesNOEXEC Indexes MultiViews FollowSymLinks ExecCGI
- Add a rewrite log in httpd.conf to see what is happening:
RewriteLog "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/logs/rewrite.log"
- Restart the Apache service.